Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Proof, Proof, Proof

That was my mantra for when I taught the writing process in my class. You didn't just give your written work a quick glance and call it 'proofing'. OH NO!!! You had to get three different people to look at your work before it could be considered 'proofed'. I ran across this activity the other day and the results had me chuckling. I mean, I'm considered by most to be the 'final eye'...and you might consider yourself the same. So take this short test and see how well you 'proof'. Three times may NOT be enough! LOL

Read the following sentence:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-
IC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.

Now, quietly count the F's in that sentence. Count them ONLY ONCE. Do NOT go back and count them again (that would be cheating).

Click HERE to go to the website for the answer (you'll have to click on the 'click here for the answer')

No comments: